- Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. 2009, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Email: email@example.com
Homepage at becker.phonologist.org
- Michael Becker and Maria Gouskova (submitted) Source-oriented generalizations as grammar inference in Russian vowel deletion.
- Michael Becker, Lauren Eby Clemens, and Andrew Nevins (to appear) A richer model is not always more accurate: the case of French and Portuguese plurals. NLLT.
- Maria Gouskova and Michael Becker (2013) Nonce words show that Russian yer alternations are governed by the grammar. NLLT 31:3, pp. 735–765.
- Michael Becker, Andrew Nevins, and Jonathan Levine (2012) Asymmetries in generalizing alternations to and from initial syllables. Language 88:2, pp. 231–268.
- Michael Becker and Anne-Michelle Tessier (2011) Trajectories of faithfulness in child-specific phonology. Phonology 28:2, pp. 163–196.
- Michael Becker, Nihan Ketrez, and Andrew Nevins (2011) The surfeit of the stimulus: Analytic biases filter lexical statistics in Turkish laryngeal alternations. Language 87:1, pp. 84–125.