Marie K. Huffman
Ph.D. 1989, University of California, Los Angeles
- Schuhmann, K., and M. Huffman (2017). Interaction of drift and distinctiveness in L1 English-L2 Japanese learners. Acoustics 17, June 2017, Boston, MA, USA. #1pSC10
- Huffman, M. and K. Schuhmann (2015). Individual differences in phonetic drift by English-speaking learners of Spanish. 169th meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, May 2015.
- Cohn, A., Fougeron, C., and M. Huffman (2018). “Laboratory Phonology” in Routledge Handbook of Phonological Theory.
- Huffman, M. (2016). Articulatory phonetics. In Oxford Research Encyclopedia in Linguistics. Ed. Mark Aronoff. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Huffman, M. and Schuhmann, K.. (2016). Effect of early L2 learning on L1 stop voicing. Proceedings of Meetings on Acoustics. The Acoustical Society of America. 23(1):1-10 · February 2016.
- Cohn, Abigail C., and Marie Huffman (2015). “Interface between Phonology and Phonetics.” In Oxford Bibliographies in Linguistics. Ed. Mark Aronoff. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Hwang, J., Brennan, S. E. and M. Huffman (2015). Phonetic adaptation in non-native spoken dialogue: Effects of priming and audience design. Journal of Memory and Language, 81, 72-90.
- Cohn, Abigail, Fougeron, Cecile and Marie Huffman (2012). "Introduction" in Cohn, Fougeron and Huffman (eds.) The Oxford Handbook of Laboratory Phonology. Oxford: Oxford University Press, pp. 1-7.
- Huffman, M. (2012). Modulation of speech gestures through prosody or sound change: A commentary. Laboratory Phonology 3(1): 27-35.
- Huffman, M. (2011). Articulatory Phonetics. Oxford Bibliographies Online. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Huffman, M. (2009) Laboratory phonology and Socio-phonetics: Partners in a conversation whose time has come. In Cole, J., and Hualde, J-I, (eds) Papers in Laboratory Phonology IX. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.
- Stent, Amanda, Huffman, Marie K. and Susan E. Brennan (2008), "Adapting speaking after evidence of misrecognition: Local and global hyperarticulation," Speech Communication 50: 163-178.
- Cohn, Abigail C., Fougeron, Cecile and Marie K. Huffman, eds. (2012). The Oxford Handbook of laboratory phonology, Oxford: Oxford University Press. A nice review is available here: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/josl.12033/abstract
- Huffman, Marie K. and Rena A. Krakow. (1993). Phonetics and Phonology 5: Nasals, nasalization and the velum. San Diego: Academic Press.